Thursdays are "garbage day" in my area of Toronto.
That reference should not be taken as disparaging the day before the day before the weekend, however. Rather, it's simply the day we mustn't ever overlook, lest our civic nostrils rebel, when our area's trash is picked up roadside.
In the system of elaborate trash sortage we Torontonian's must undertake, I note that today is recycling day, and thus, to mark our blue bins' bi-weekly moment of municipal preeminence, allow me to recycle today's leading headlines from Wise Law on Twitter, with this Thursday edition of 140Law:
- Keep divorce out of court - Ottawa Citizen - http://goo.gl/ULwCu
- Lawyer Gets Three-Year Suspension for Accessing Onetime Fiancée’s Bank Accounts - http://goo.gl/NtVKO
- US Supreme Court Refuses to Stay Videotaped Execution, Now Set for Tonight - http://goo.gl/cC90q #law
- The .xxx-domain Protection Racket? - http://goo.gl/879S5
- Mediation efforts fail to stem foreclosure tide - http://goo.gl/UwfYK
- Legal recruiter sued for allegedly making false statements to prospect - http://goo.gl/LVGoQ
- New technology will enhance privacy on body scanners -http://goo.gl/VFwMl
- MA Alimony Laws - http://goo.gl/lvwEQ
- Man's call for Obama assassination is free speech, not crime, court rules (Carol Williams/L.A. NOW) - http://goo.gl/9Qkzn
- Criminal Court Judge Accused of Raping Prostitute in Incident Caught on Tape - http://goo.gl/o8hbS
- Doctor blamed for patient files in Regina dumpster -http://goo.gl/lwXHn
- How Many Users Does Google+ Have? About 18 Million By Latest Estimate - http://goo.gl/tAYbP
- Baseball Pitcher Law: When Can Injured Pitchers Recover Damages? - http://goo.gl/nIgFV
- The Murdochs' Lawyers vs The Murdochs - http://goo.gl/XmFfn
- Women's topless court victory 20 years later - CBC.ca -http://goo.gl/weihX
- Revenue Canada rule on child benefits upsets dad -http://goo.gl/iDxlv
There you have it.
- Garry J. Wise, Toronto
TORONTO EMPLOYMENT LAW • TORONTO CIVIL LITIGATION & ESTATE LITIGATION • TORONTO FAMILY LAW & DIVORCE